The Staunton River Bridge
The Staunton River Bridge, 600 feet long, crosses the Staunton River and was part of the Richmond & Danville railroad supply route from the west and south for Confederate troops during the Civil War. In 1864, it was successfully defended by 'Old Men and Young Boys' during the Wilson-Kautz Raid.
Today it is part of the walking trail between the Clover Visitor Center and the Roanoke Vistor Center. This trail is 0.8 mile long and follows the old railroad bed allowing vistors access to the park from either side of the river.